- RSS Channel Showcase 5312633
- RSS Channel Showcase 7964162
- RSS Channel Showcase 2366977
- RSS Channel Showcase 9703229
Articles on this Page
- 04/04/11--19:21: _Facet Joint Injecti...
- 04/04/11--20:07: _Facet Joint Radiofr...
- 04/04/11--20:30: _Whiplash Injury (Na...
- 04/09/11--16:10: _Sacroiliac joint in...
- 04/09/11--23:10: _Electrodiagnostics ...
- 04/10/11--09:24: _Vertebroplasty for ...
- 04/10/11--19:54: _Opioids: use and mi...
- 12/09/12--09:37: _Nine reasons why we...
- 04/04/11--19:21: Facet Joint Injection (zygapophyseal joint injection)
- 04/04/11--20:07: Facet Joint Radiofrequency (RF)
- 04/04/11--20:30: Whiplash Injury (Nagging neck pain after an accident)
- 04/09/11--16:10: Sacroiliac joint injection (SIJI)
- 04/09/11--23:10: Electrodiagnostics EMG NCS (dermatomes and myotomes)
- 04/10/11--09:24: Vertebroplasty for compression fractures.
- 04/10/11--19:54: Opioids: use and misuse in chronic pain management
What are facet joints and why are facet joint injections helpful? The spine is designed to bend and turn. Along with the intervertebral discs, facet joints (also referred to as Z joints or zygapophyseal joints) enable the spine to bend and twist. Each vertebra has two sets of facet joints. One set of facet joints is [...]
facet joint xrayfacet-motionfacet joint xray 2facet diagnostic cervical facet joint injection
A patient with primary facet pain, proven with either one or more blocks, may be a candidate for a facet rhizotomy using radiofrequency (RF). The patients selected for rhizotomy are those who are not surgical candidates and who have failed other conservative measure. By using the radiofrequency rhizotomy, the surgeon denervates the medial branch nerve [...]
Following a car accident, your nagging neck pain may not be just “soft tissue.” Neck pain is one of the most common chronic pain conditions in modern medicine and can lead to depression, sleep disturbance, and inability to work. Even though there may be minimal damage to your car, you can still sustain significant whiplash. [...]
Whiplash ligamentsWhiplash facet joint innervationReferred Pain from facet injuryWhiplash ROM XRAYSWhiplash normal ROM Cervical facetWhiplash abnormal ROM facet
Low Back Pain (LBP) is often difficult to diagnose because the symptoms overlap considerably with a variety of disorders of the lumbar spine and hip, often causing overlapping symptomology. Low back pain of sacroiliac (SI) joint origin is a difficult clinical diagnosis and often one of exclusion. Patients usually have pain over the buttock that [...]
Sacroiliac joint and hipSacroiliac jointSacroiliac joint side viewpm_si_joint_injSacroliac joint pain referralSacroliac Joint imagesacroi12
Electrodiagnostics (EDX) testing is used to evaluate the integrity and function of the peripheral nervous system (most cranial nerves, spinal roots, plexi, and nerves), NMJ, muscles, and the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord). EDX testing is performed as part of an EDX consultation for diagnosis or as follow-up of an existing condition. [...]
EMGemg-1emg whiplash_emg-1EMG_NCSEMG myotomes-dermatomesemg muscle configurationDermatomes radicRadic LumbRadic Cervical
Bed rest and strong pain medicine are no longer the only treatments for back pain caused by compression fractures of the spine. Now there is a breakthrough minimally invasive medical procedure called percutaneous vertebroplasty that uses bone cement to fill in the spaces of a broken or crushed vertebra. Vertebroplasty is a pain treatment [...]
vertebroplasty_largeVertebroplasty image xray
Opioids have been historically used for pain for thousands of years, but opioid therapy for chronic non-cancer pain remains controversial, despite the fact that opioids are one of the most commonly prescribed medications in the United States. The prevalence of chronic pain in the adult population averages a median point prevalence rate of 15%, but [...]
opiod popwhi64-lopiod_medical_syringe_256opiods medical_pills_256
Nine reasons why weight loss is so important for chronic pain patients. 1. Pain reduces activity Pain often leads to reduced activity and exercise, which can cause patient’s to gain weight, due to loss of metabolically active muscle. 2. Pain prevents restful sleep Pain disrupts sleep, reducing growth hormone production, which causes patients to gain [...]